Monday, 12 July 2010

Staff Learning day;

It seemed a very good process of booking your staff learning this year. The only down side was only being told what you were doing the Friday evening before. The courses I booked were:
New tutorial framework; new e-learning tools; equality and diversity online activity and new blackboard session.

The new tutorial framework:
This training was not as informative as I hoped it would be. It contained stuff that I mostly knew and could in my view easily have been completed on line as some sort of activity as the E & D course was. It was more interesting toward the end of the session when we had the ability to discuss what good practice we already do and share ideas to help deliver som generic themes. These generic themes were not on the PP HO? so now I have come away from the session I can't remember what they are!!!

So I'm going to have to have a go at remembering them.
ECM; H & S; child protection; online safety; equality & diversity; ....I believe there were two more but I can't remember what they were now!!!

It would appear that all students do not have tutorials in one form or another and the whole focus of the short presentation was a consistent approach to tutorials not the 'New Tutorial Framework' as advertised, this was omewhat misleading and when you were making choices on what you needed most this was not very helpful as I could have missed another CPD session that was more appropriate to me. 30 mins

New e-learning tools:
This I go into detail on my MALT learning journey blog as it was more appropriate. It was as usual though a very good session with lots of interesting stuff to help make your lessons better, great sessions. 1 hr

Equality & Diversity:

This was an online session and I really enjoyed it. I didn't realise that there was lots of stuff I didn't know. It was quite technical throughout but very relevant to all aspects of teaching

New BB:

No comments:

Post a Comment